As a school, we are creating a display for the Kippax Armistice Project. Children may wish to contribute to this project by doing any one of the following (or they can come up with an idea of their own):
Display Project Ideas:
- Research what life was like for soldiers when they came home
- Write a poem about returning home from war
- Using the list of names provided by your class teacher, find out if you are related to any of the men who fought in WW1 and write a paragraph about your connection.
- Create a poster or art piece that represents soldiers coming home from war
- Write a biography about someone who served in the war.
- Interview someone who has connections with someone who served.
- Write a story about coming home from WW1.
This week's spelling homework (wb 8.10.18) activity is to investigate and find 5 more pairs of homophones.
Welcome to the year 4 class page! Please check here often to see what fantastic learning we will be doing throughout the year. Here are some important dates for your calendar:
Mon: Weekly spelling homework due in; library in PM and PE in PM
Tues: New homework handed out
Weds: Swimming day
Thurs: Weekly spelling test
Fri: Celebration assembly in AM, show and tell in PM
Areas of learning:
English: Non-chronological report about a Fantastic Beast/a story-writing including our own beast
Maths: Place Value, Addition/Subtraction
Topic: Ancient Egypt
PE: Skipping competition and swimming
Science: Living things and their habitats
RE: Big Question - How are important events remembered in ceremonies?